Friday, April 3, 2020

National Poetry Month Begins! Day #1 - prompt: A New World

I'm so excited that it's April! This year I'm very determined to do Robert Lee Brewer's Poem a Day Challenge. As usual I'm starting a bit behind, but I am really going to try to keep up. Here's the first prompt: "A new world".

MY NEW WORLD                                                

My new world's not a better one
I look for reasons, finding none
The things that should've, just weren't done
And it's no fun, it's just not fun.

My anger's building everyday
I wait to see what next they'll say
They talk like it's an act to play
And that's not okay. it's not okay.

My choices are to stay and cry
Or go outside and maybe die
I wish they'd tell us without lies
The reason why, the reason why.


Caren E.Salas



No comments:

Post a Comment