Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Drive to Your Dreams!

"The Department of Motor Vehicles"...


Not very poetic to say it
Not at all pretty to see
The clerks are not very friendly
Not that I would expect them to be.

The walls are quite drab and depressing
Lines of people spill out the front door
A monotone voice makes announcements
"Now serving G - zero - two - four".

There's no way of getting around it
This DMV hell, so it seems
Passing tests of patience and knowledge
Before you can drive to your dreams.


Caren E. Salas
(Photo by William Salas)

For my daughter: who passed!!

Inspiration strikes at the oddest places sometimes, but seriously, what else is there to do while you are waiting at the DMV?  After a while I started getting punchy. I looked outside and it was pouring down rain...of course. Could the day get any better? I had to laugh or I was gonna' cry. Whatcha' gonna' do? 

************************************

Raining...of Course.

At the DMV waiting
Of course it starts raining
My car's parked a mile away.

I hope it will let up
but I don't even get up
"That's just great!" is all I can say.

Caren E. Salas 


And to all those DMV employees: I apologize, my heart goes out to you, but hey, would it kill you to smile?

No comments:

Post a Comment