Wednesday, February 22, 2012

They Told Me

They told me things could get bad.
They told me I might not be 
Able to handle it, not 
Be able to hold her once
She was born. I'd be too weak.
I decided to risk it.

They told me that I'd need help
But who wouldn't, I asked and 
Continued on knowing all 
Would be all right in the end
And it was, four times in fact.
It was a risk worth taking.

Caren E. Salas





Robert Lee Brewer's Wednesday Poetry Prompt: a "Risk" poem. Dedicated to my beautiful children. I'd risk  it all again.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thank you so much for following my blog! :) I love your blog and the poetry..very inspiring! Do you write and do illustrations for children's books? I would love to write a children's book about Bosnia, where I was born!! One day...

    Ines xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do write for kids, but I don't do illustrations. I do some photography and I'm planning some non-fiction work in either picture book form or for a magazine. (I think I'll have better luck with a magazine.) A story about Bosnia sounds great. A lot of publishers look for multicultural topics. Good luck!!

      Delete