Thursday, January 10, 2013

Maybe



A hopeless and optomistic dreamer I
Raise my champagne glass up high
To toast the coming year.
Maybe I won't make the same mistakes
Or break the promises I never made
To those who swear I swore,
But I don't remember any more.
 
A chronic and procrastinating dreamer I
Gaze out at the somewhat cloudy sky
To find my destiny there.
Maybe if I could just play the game
From start with zero points
For once as I was getting going,
And I'd get ahead and not be owing.
 
An exhausted, underestimating dreamer I
Sometimes find I've bit off quite
The challenging buffet. What can I say?
Maybe this will be the meal
That satisfies without the consequential
Calories or price, and dessert for free.
This could be the time...maybe.
 
 
Caren E. Salas
 
 
photo by William Salas
 

No comments:

Post a Comment