Tuesday, February 12, 2013

No "Fair"

 
 
 
Dark and light, wrong and right
Up and down, day and night
Fish that swim, birds in flight
The world seems right; the world seems right.
 
Then balance sways, the tide is turned
Innocence lost, lessons learned
Blood has boiled, stomach churned
Now I've been burned; Now I've been burned.
 
My faith in others sadly wanes
My heart is locked with double chains
Each rainbow's dented, marked with stains
And so it rains; and so it rains.
 
The guilty flee while others stay
Dealt the blame, where no blame lay
How nice it is to walk away
While others pay; While others pay.
 
These days I find I just don't care
Forgotten dreams I used to dare
I go along, I breathe the air
There is no "fair"; there is no "fair".
 
 
Caren E.Salas
 
 
 
 
Sometimes I just gotta' get things off my chest. For those of you that don't know me personally, recent events have made me a bit bitter (just a bit) and somewhat cynical. Don't worry, I don't intend on writing a series of angry poems...hopefully just this one. It's a monotetra in form - I tend to repeat myself when I 'm frustrated, so this seemed the perfect fit for how I'm feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment