Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Lost. Damaged. Stolen.



As I sat in the laundramat doing my 62 loads of laundry (barely a weeks' worth) I saw a sign that said
"Not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen articles." It got me thinking....


My heart had lost all hope
Of finding love like this,
Wandering sad and aimless
In search of that one kiss.

The kiss that might make sense
And make the wait worthwhile.
The kiss to help my heart
Remember how to smile.


My heart'd long been damaged
And had built up a wall,
A fortress against love
With no feeling left at all.

Locked up tight in silence
Afraid to hurt again
Not wanting to play games
With no chance it will win.


But then my heart was stolen
By a very tender thief,
Swept away and given love
Beyond all past belief.

Stolen to a heaven
Where home and safety live
To once more beat with love
And learn again to give.



Caren E. Salas

1 comment:

  1. "A fortress against love
    With no feeling left at all." Very powerful.

    ReplyDelete