Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day 16 Stacking/Unstacking

Okay, I'm WAY behind in posting and I have to dig up all the torn out spiral notebook pages, journal entries, and miscellaneous coffee shop napkins to find all the poems I scribbled.  I was computer-less for about a week so I have a lot of catching up to do. So here goes..come on, I'm ONLY 2 weeks behind!
Note: After writing this I couldn't help but remember a line from "Ally McBeal" where someone said she was 2/3 of a rice krispie:  she snaps, and crackles and she's about to pop. Lets just hope I can keep all those pickle jars from falling...hehe.



Piled High

Like a house of cards towering high
Vulnerable to every slight breeze
Or sudden unexpected breath

Like champagne glasses placed one on one
In a giant pyramid:  a wedding tribute
and testimony to the frailty of love.

Like glass jars of pickles displayed
Precariously in the center of the store
Waiting for a child to choose the wrong one.

My life, stacked high with inconsistencies of health,
The unpredictablities of dreams,
And liable to topple at the merest disruption.


Caren E. Salas

1 comment:

  1. Makes one stop and think how quickly things in life can change. Very well said!

    ReplyDelete