Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Meatloaf Tonight

When everythings wrong and nothing seems right,
When I'm frustrated, tired, upset and uptight,
Just three little words make my world bright,
It's meatloaf tonight! It's meatloaf tonight!

No other food makes me salivate more,
When I get home from work and come through the door,
I'm willing to do any task, any chore,
For the dish I adore, for the dish I adore.

No, speghetti and garlic bread really won't do it
Don't offer me steak, I don't want to chew it.
Like I said before, I thought we'd been through it,
I thought that you knew it, I thought that you knew it.

So show me your love, make me high as a kite,
I can just about taste that first perfect bite,
Other than you, there's no better sight,
Than meatloaf tonight, Than meatloaf tonight.



Caren E. Salas

dedicated to Robert Lee Brewer, my inspiration. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment