Thursday, December 4, 2014

Holy Cow! #15

Holy cow! She said
As she watched the band perform
"We will remember"

Caren E. Salas





I know November is already over, but I'm still determined to finish the Poem a Day prompts, even though it's more like a poem every few days, haha, #15 prompt (wow, I only got through half, how sad.) was "holy ____" . I couldn't think of a thing at first, but then I was watching a video of my daughter's band performing a beautiful, touching and patriotic field show, "We Will Remember". The band had just done a spectacular visual and a woman in the crowd cried out "Holy Cow!". There were really not a lot of words to describe the feelings that overwhelmed the crowd. So I thought, I should do a haiku, because the form is perfect for when you have a lot to say, but don't need a lot of words to say it.

No comments:

Post a Comment