Wednesday, December 31, 2014

I'll Never Know #20

I'll never know how good of friends
We could have one day been
I'll never know the dreams you had
Or see your smiling face again.
I'll never know if you'd have liked
The story that I penned,
Yet just from my description
You swore you'd recommend.
You left too soon, so suddenly
No time for me to try
To let you know how much you meant
Or even say good-bye.


Caren E. Salas




Prompt #20 "I'll never..." This poem is for my friend Lori Eget. We met on a vacation and were instant friends. She seemed to have that effect on people. You met her and just felt like you'd known her forever.  Then one day I found out she had passed away. Her family didn't know me well enough to notify me, so I missed whatever service there might have been. I think about her all the time and wonder how our friendship might have grown, but I'll never know...











No comments:

Post a Comment