Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 9: Self Portrait

Sorry people, I posted a bit out of order. That's probably since I tend to write things out of order. I've never been much of a "color inside the lines" kind of girl.  I'm more of a "squint your eyes and look at it from a distance" type.  Anyway, this one was tough. I can write about things and feelings, but about me? That's a whole other story.


WHO AM I?

I was a child,
of course
once upon
a time,
then a student
a swimmer
cheerleader
a mime.
I was a dancer
an actress
a singer of songs.
I'm a writer
a poet
a dreamer
a mom.
I'm a taxi driver
warden
accountant
the maid
dishwasher
secretary,
none of it paid.
But who am I really?
Who am I meant to be?
Am I only one thing?
Or is the sum of these...me?


Caren E. Salas

No comments:

Post a Comment