Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day 3 Location

...a little silliness.

The Black Hole


"I'm going in!" I bravely tell my four kids
     "and if Im not back in an hour or two,
Please send the dog, shoot a flare, call your dad,
     And be sure to organize an big rescue crew!"

And I step boldly into the dark and unknown;
     I climb and I scramble, never sure if it's safe.
Hoping no creatures are intending me harm
     As I reach out my hand in search of the way.

My footing's unsteady, no spot seems secure
    There's a high threat of injury, possibly worse,
Yet I carry on, wondering why I deserve
    This seemingly cruel and unending curse.

I call it the Black Hole, My Nightmare, My Pain
    Once something's sucked in, it's never again seen
But I am determined to conquer this demon
     I'm going to get that dang garage clean!!


Caren E. Salas

1 comment:

  1. Caren,
    Nicely done trepidation build-up. It made me smile!
    Shari

    ReplyDelete