Monday, November 8, 2010

November Poem-a-Day: Day 1

Well friends, once again Robert Lee Brewer is providing the means for my ultimate trip down Looney Tune Alley.  Each day he suggests a prompt that we, his poor, mostly insane followers, try to transform into poetry.  This being the 8th of November, I am a bit behind in posting, but I have been scribbling madly in my journal and am now playing catch-up. So here we go....the first prompt is about turning a page.


The Page is Blank


I turn the page
The page is blank
I've no idea
Which road to take.

I'm out of words
And tales to tell
My hand is cramped
It's just as well.

I look to space
And search the stars
Please grant a wish
To fly me far!

With pen in hand
I'll wait until
The empty page
Begs to be filled.


Caren E. Salas

No comments:

Post a Comment