Thursday, November 9, 2017

CAMERAS (#8 "a thing")

Remember when we had cameras?
I know, I'm showing my age
But the kind with film and flash bulbs
Before cell phones became the rage.

We would take the pictures carefully
If we were lucky, perhaps we'd have some
Good enough that we'd want to share
In a frame or a great big album.

But one day we all went digital
You could see the shots right then, how neat!
Keep all the ones that turned out well
And the others, hey, just delete!

And now there's external hard drives to store them!
Thousands of pictures can fit
Until somehow your drive gets corrupted
And as you're watching it crash, you cry...poop!

So call me old if you want to
But I'm printing up all of the best
So my grandchildren's photos might be safer
And not lost like a lot of the rest.


Caren E. Salas

No comments:

Post a Comment