Tuesday, November 7, 2017

I Have Returned...

Sorry about the long absence, but these last couple years have been a roller coaster. There has been good and not so good, stress and excitement. I was recently fortunate enough to see the musical
"Hamilton" and the lyrics of one of the songs ("Non Stop") says "Why do you write like you're running out of time?" (Thank you Lin-Manuel Miranda). This is a feeling I've had for a while: like I'm running out of time. Not that I have a terminal disease of anything, but because between my MS and a increasingly worsening case of arthritis in my hands, it is getting difficult to write and type. Oh, I know there are dictation apps I could use, but considering the MS affects my speech, that will be difficult too. However, as long as my brain is still functioning, I will find a way to create.  I normally  don't like talking about my health, but sometimes I feel like you will be able to understand why I write some of the things I write.  Maybe some of you will be able to relate. 



 
So here I go. Robert Lee Brewer is having his November Poem-a-Day Challenge. His daily prompts push me to keep writing and fight the block.

A special thanks to my husband Bill (a lot of his photos are ones used for this blog) for pushing me to be daring while I still can. Last May he convinced me to go skydiving (tandem of course, lol) among other craziness. I appreciate encouragement whenever or wherever I can find it. I'm hoping you all will follow my poetry journey for the next month and comment when you can. Thanks for reading this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment