Sunday, November 12, 2017

LUCKY ME (#11 an "unlucky" poem)

Apparently, I'm special,
One of ninety, out of one
Hundred thousand, lucky me.
Plus, being that I'm female,
Two or three times as likely
As a man to get this...gift.

Although most cases are found
In northern states and colder 
Climates, I live in So Cal.
The age bracket is between
Twenty and forty, but me...
Diagnosed at twenty three.

There's no cure, but it can be
Slowed down a bit, with a shot
Three times a week, oh goody!
Feeling better already. 
Thank God for good insurance. 
Shots are seven thousand bucks.

Still, I'm luckier than some
I have friends and family
And a wonderful husband.
I have four beautiful kids
And if that wasn't enough
Now I'm even a grandma.

I have a lot of bad days,
I have really good ones too
And although those tend to be 
Fewer, I know that I must
Make them count, and knowing that
Makes me luckier than most.




Caren E. Salas

A really good day "Muck Fest" 2014 


For more information on Multiple Sclerosis, check out https://www.nationalmssociety.org/What-is-MS



No comments:

Post a Comment