Thursday, November 10, 2011

I am NOT Your Chew Toy

Day 10:  A different perspective poem. The challenge today was to write a poem from the perspective of someone or something else. I couldn't resist being Whiskey for the day. I often wonder what he thinks, because he seems to think he's a tough guy.  He'll get right in the face of the big dogs as if to say "Yeah! Whataya gonna' do about it? Huh? You wanna piece a me??"  He's so fierce. (Only he's Christian Siriano "fierce", I'm afraid.)


I am NOT Your Chew Toy

A little respect, friend
If you don't mind
While you're back there sniffing
Around my behind.

I may be smallish
And my teeth might be bad
But I can still - um, bark
So buddy, don't make me mad!

Age before beauty
Isn't that what they say?
Well, I'm old but I'm feisty
Don't believe me? Let's play!

I'll run circles around you,
You lumbering brute!
And on top of it all
I'm pretty darn cute!

I'm not your new chew toy,
And I'm not a big rat.
So show some respect,
Or else I'll call the cat.


Caren E. Salas

No comments:

Post a Comment