Friday, April 20, 2012

Tacos



Tacos! So delicioso!
Crispy crust, with a choice of meat:
Carne asada, chicken or fish,
So many ways for me to eat!

Want some lettuce? Maybe cheese?
Some chili sauce or sour cream?
Tomatoes? Olives? Wait! There's more!
Add jalapenos til you scream!

Or just some salsa, maybe mild,
And don't forget the guacamole,
Frijoles in or on the side,
But leave some room for hot pozole!

Caren E. Salas


Day 18 of Robert Lee Brewer's Poem a Day challenge, prompt: your favorite regional food. I immediately thought: TACOS! Really. I love Mexican food. Don't pay attention to my name, I'm basically a gringo, but I am married to a Mexican :) and my mom was half Mexican, so between my mom and his (and thankfully they taught me a few things) there's some seriously good food around.
P.S. Pozole is a type of spicy soup, also pretty dang good.

photo: family.go.com

No comments:

Post a Comment